Friday, December 14, 2007

Korean War Memorial & Museum

So, today warrants another update... (I'm sad; free internet and I go nuts... what am I going to be like back in the states?) Anyways, today I wanted to see how long it would take me on the subway system to get to the USO office (about an hour). While I was wandering around the area trying to find it, I noticed the Korean War Memorial & Museum was across the road. I must have spent the entire day there, but it was worth it... a nice pre-cursor to tomorrow. It was a very nicely organized museum. They had everything organized into wars and eras in history, then special rooms and displays for each area of the military: Airforce, Marine... ect. It was really cool. I could have spent more time there, but my legs were getting tired. And just as I was getting ready to leave, I saw the special Exhibition room.. the Dead Sea Scrolls! I got an extra burst of energy I was so excited to see them. They came to Seattle while i was away in the Peace Corps and I was so jealous of my parents for getting to see them, but I sure lucked out. They arrived in Seoul on the 12th of Dec and leave the 8th of January. Good timing on my part. So, I took lots of pictures in the War Memorial & Museum, but of course couldn't take any in the Special Exhibit, so below are some fun pictures I took... and one of me because Marques said I haven't posted any of me, so he can't really tell for sure I am here (that's the one downfall of travelling by yourself...)

Ok, enough rambling, enjoy the pictures below...

The Seoul tower. (It was in the distance as I was wandering around).

From the entrance of the Memorial looking out towards the road.

A traditional style war ship.

This one is for Brian and Dan.

The picture of me in my room... Notice the wool sweater... it's freezing here!

1 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is frickin cool

 

Post a Comment

<< Home