Thursday, July 19, 2007

America

I am once again back on the big island of Savaii. It was a whirwind experience back to the states. I think in the course of a week I did the following:

*Attended 2 memorial services (one for grandma and one for grandpa lloyd)
*Went to a Mariners Game (Terrace Club tickets)
*Had 2 doctors or dentist appointments (no cavities! Yeah!)
*Slept no more than 3 hours each night I was home (dad can contest to this)
*Attended my 10 Yr HS Reunion (Awesome time, so great to see everyone again)
*Visited the PC office in Seattle, PATH headquarters, at least 10 restaurants and friends houses
*Play the new game called Wii (LOVED IT)
*Hung out at 3 parks - watched and contemplated Police on horses at one of them
*Attended the Vashon Island Strawberry Festival (only festival our island throws)
*Went out in dad's boat
*Got to see my cousin who lives in Afghanistan
*And finally got to meet my brother's girlfriend Renee.
*Listened to new music and shared some Samoan as well

That's the short of it all, but really it was fun. I am so thankful I got to see everyone. Each evening was special to me, just hanging out and having fun. Below is a sampling of some of the stuff I did. I think the best part was chatting with old friends and catching up. Also, I might have a few contacts for the job I am trying to get when I finally do make my way back to the other side of the ocean... fun times, fun times.

Grandma finally brought all of us girls back together again. Me, Miranda and Elizabeth. Can't you see the family resemblance?

I missed this view. Beautiful Seattle from Alki beach.

The day with Ms Mary. We hung out at the park near Pike Place and watched horses and chatted. Awesome afternoon! Miss ya Mary.

**Internet connection is slow today, will post more pictures later...**

2 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you're catching up on your sleep now. You did manage to cram a ton of stuff into a short period of time.

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Liz said...

Cous,

Even though I know it was an exhausting trip, I'm glad I got to see you - even briefly!

hugs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home