Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Bryan Arrives Soon

I think even as I type this my brother is on his way here. I think he's still in LA, but it's close enough. He is coming in with the new group of PC as well.

Tradition ensues that with each new group that arrives a group of willing volunteers dress up in their best puletasi's and head on down to the airport at the hiddeous hour of 3:30am to greet them with smiles and flowers. Since my brother is on the same plane as them, I will be one of those unnaturally cheery happy volunteers that greet them when they arrive. Then my brother and I are ditching the group and heading straight for Savaii since I still have classes... actually mid-terms. The first 2 weeks of Term 2 include studying for and taking the midterms, go figure.

I have also been elected by my principal as the Head Trainer for the Athletics (Track and Field) team. Wow. I feel so priveleged and special. Although we didn't have practice today because it was raining. It wasn't my decision I'll say that. Not running in the rain? I'm from Washington for crying out loud. If we didn't run in the rain, we would NEVER practice. That's why I am here. To toughen them up I guess.

Being back isn't especially exciting. I don't really have a lot to report actually. It's been back to business and life in kua as usual. I gave some of the kava from Fiji to Viliamu and now all of the pastors are bugging me for some. I told them if I ever headed back that way again, I would bring it back as gifts... though I don't think I will be going back that way.

Alright. Office is full today. I should share some internet time...until next time with my brother...

4 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger DawgfatherJr said...

Do runners in Western Samoa have ribbons in their hair? :-)

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Julya said...

Not sure. Maybe I should start a new tradition... maybe it's just too girly for me. :)

 
At 3:09 AM, Blogger Grace for us all... said...

Hey,

Still reading your blog.
Still missing you.
Still wish you were here.
Still need help with laudry.
Still want a long chat.

Sigh.

 
At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you and Bryan had a good time together. Now no visitors for awile. Do track coaches need whistles?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home