Monday, April 30, 2007

Quick update

Only a day or so now until my parents arrive.

I had a few errands I had planned today to get ready for them, but my plans were deterred since I can't really manage walking right now. Being the clutz that I am, this morning as I was walking around the Resource Room of the PC office, I stumbled into the couch and broke my little toe. I know, I know. You are all probably rolling your eyes at me. It's amazing how my ability to injure myself spans the globe. It's splinted up, but as everyone has mentioned to me throughout the day, there isn't really anything one can do. It is starting to feel a little better and I promise not to whine anymore today...

Some fun news. Last May I flew to Mexico to Mary's wedding and ran into a guy from Sweden along the way. He was flying home after 3 months in country and had a day layover in LA. It turns out he stayed in the same village I live in, small world, and we never did meet up. While in LA my dad got him a room at our hotel and he puttered around with us that whole day. Turns out he was back in country for awhile studying some more (Archeology major) and is leaving on the plane my parents are coming in on. I might in fact be riding to the airport with him. I think it's funny that a year later to the day, my parents get to see him yet again, though for only a few minutes this time.

Alright, enough ramblings for now. I eagerly await all of the goodies my parents are carrying with them... oh yeah, and them as well. :) Until next time.

2 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you got a big eye roll from me :)

Have fun with your parents. Hope you enjoy the goodies they are bringing from me.

 
At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just saw a thing on TV about lost luggage. They suggest that you just have carry-on,- - so am thinking of jettising all your stuff. See you soon.
Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home