Friday, March 23, 2007

On the mend!!

Just a quick update to let everyone know that I am doing a lot better and am back on my island in my own bed. School is going okay, my students were good when I was gone, but didn't really learn anything.

Career Day on Savaii was 2 days ago. I think it went really well. I was there, but not really a big part of the planning. All but 4 schools came and the students seemed to be getting a lot out of it, which is really all that matters. The rain held out, thank goodness since we weren't exactly totally under cover. My school had rented us a 50x50 foot tent and there was a smaller fale for the booths, but it didn't really hold all the kids in. The vendors seemed to have good feedback too. I think maybe even a few students might have secured internships or volunteer jobs.

This weekend is going to be recovery time for me. I want to feel the best that I can, so I am taking it easy. Sally from group 77 is coming to visit for the weekend. Should be nice and relaxing. We are going to watch movies and make good food.

Hope this finds everyone well. Until next time...

3 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better. Have a great weekend, don't overdo it and get plenty of rest!! (That advice comes from the parent in me.)

Love

 
At 1:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll continue praying for your health.

I wish I could stop by your house with some nice soup and crackers for you :)

 
At 1:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home