Wednesday, June 15, 2005

New Blog

I liked the idea of a blog to keep everyone updated instead of mass email. For those of you who don't know, here's a quick update on my Peace Corps status right now. I am leaving for Samoa, previously called Western Samoa (NOT American Samoa), beginning of October. (Right before my birthday!) But the dates may still change. I will be teaching computers to children ages 9-13. And teaching adults more advanced computer technology and web development. I still have a lot of paperwork to take care of. I think they try and get people to quit the PC just based on all the paperwork you have to do. I still have visa stuff and some legal documents to fill out, just in case I die overseas. But mom is so good at all of that stuff, I think I will employ her help on that.

In the meantime I am still working on the island. This summer I have a few fun things planned. In a week I leave for a road trip with some friends that just graduated from Highschool. Later in the fall, after I am done at work, my father and I are taking the ferry to Alaska and then driving down. And still after that I am flying to DC to visit a good friend. AND, I am the maid of honor in my best friends wedding this August. So I have a great summer planned. Time will just fly by. Next thing you know I will be leaving.

I will continue to keep people updated through this blog all through my service in Samoa. And I plan on adding pictures once I get there. (Maybe even a few of the road trips if anyone is intersted). Feel free to post comments, or pass this address on to anyone else you think might be interested. This is a picture I took in front of our property on the island.

8 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A blog is a great idea. Keep us up to date with plenty of pictures.

 
At 1:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you followed my adive about the blog Julya. That shows good judgement. :)

 
At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

way cool!! Sarah and kids are here till the 27th, having BBQ Birthday party sat 18th Nikki -3, Me 50!!! Michelle is coming join us if you can!! bonfire, bocce, croquet...Uncle Doug was 50??? last monday. 253-630 7106
LJ

 
At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You better not die while you are away. Look forward to seeing all your great picture from Samoa.

 
At 3:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love you julya!!!
you are the COOLEST!
i hope to see you this summer at true value or you should stop by the pool on the weekends.
come to VICC too!

 
At 12:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julya --

You're star! I'm proud of you for taking the skills that you've attained through such dilligent work. You'll be making a big difference in building up other people, and helping them be more productive in their lives.

... Just don't "build" yourself up with too many bananna fritters!

And don't forget where "home" is!

<><

 
At 2:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I response to Bill's comment, I should add a few promises I have made to people. 1) I promise not to marry a Samoan and never return. 2) I promise not to come back too fat and happy. 3) I promise to come back. :) So there you go. Thanks for the comments. I love them. I will update more when I get back from my roadtrip.

 
At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julya, we missed you at family camp and especially during the float trip. We sang especially loud for you but only knew two lines out of any song. We needed you!! The week was a blast. Chuck wasn't able to go since he is in the middle of his radiation treatment. Keep him in your prayers! You are in ours!...Love, Michele, Camp Mama

 

Post a Comment

<< Home